The best way of changing our eating/drinking habits and actually keeping it up is by making minor changes. You don’t have to deny yourself everything but if you cut out small parts of your diet (or lifestyle depending on how you look at it) can make a big difference! Here you find 3 effective ways to lose weight.
Make small changes in your diet/lifestyle
1. A lot of people like a little bit of sugar in their coffee or tea. This is a great example of how to make minor dietry changes. Don’t put (extra) sugar in your coffee or tea.
2. Really craving a soft drink? Try a glass of water! or (low calorie) fruit flavored water which you can either buy in grocery stores or make it yourself!
3. Need to do more exercise? Take the stairs instead of the elevator or walk to the stores instead of driving.
4. Cut out alcohol, sigarettes, candy and cookies and replace your craving with a healthy alternative.
Meditation allows you to relax and get your thoughts together which in exchange will help you with your eating and drinking habits. Especially emotion eaters can benefit from meditation. It may not come naturally to but this is not a problem. Start with only 5 minutes and built it up.
1. Sit up straight with your hands on your knees
2. Slowly breath in and out and focus on your breathing
3. If you feel like your thoughts are all over the place just focus on your breathing again
Make rules and follow them
I know it’s easier said than done but if you make the rules follow them. If you don’t want to drink soft drinks, then keep reminding yourself not to drink soft drinks today. There are a lot of other things you can think of but the most important thing is don’t make to many rules at the same time. For the best results cut out one eating/drinking habit at the same time and try this for 2 weeks before chosing a next habit to cut out.